Vertical blinds are a standard in many applications whether it’s in a home or a business. Even though vertical blinds are in most people’s lives, most do not know how to properly take care of them.
- Open the slats before drawing the blinds
- Don’t leave doors or windows open when the vertical blinds are drawn closed
- Regularly lubricate the vertical track with silicone spray lubricant. This can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- If the slats do not tilt and feel stuck, do not force the pull chain. Check for over lapping slats or obstructions.
- When drawing the blinds open or closed, go at a steady pace. Drawing them open or closed too fast can result in damage.
If you follow these simple guidelines, you should avoid having to unnecessarily fix your vertical blinds. Accidents do happen and if they do, you should call a professional to properly repair them. American Blind Repair professionally fixes your blinds on site so you don’t have to live with those embarrassing broken window treatments anymore!